The UN in Armenia, the OSCE and other international development partners are committed to mainstream gender into their work and into Armenia’s development agenda.
The Gender Team therefore supports
· Gender-responsive programming: mainstreaming gender throughout development and human rights work;
· Dedicated efforts to increase the economic and political empowerment of women, and to support the development and implementation of legislation promoting action against discrimination, gender based violence and sexual harassment;
· Dialogue between international development partners and with other development actors, and the development of common strategies, programmes and action plans;
· Capacity development and promotion of deeper understanding and commitment to gender-responsive development programming;
· Regular sharing of information and experience.